Prof. Dr. S. Parameswaran Namboothiri, PhD
The Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering (NBA Accredited) was established during the inception of the institute in 2002. The B. Tech course in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) was started with an approved strength of 60 students, and the intake was enhanced to 120 in 2006. Since its commencement, the primary objective of the department has been to impart quality education, training and research at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels in various areas of Electronics and Communication Engineering. In postgraduate level the department offers M. Tech. course in VLSI and Embedded Systems (18 seats). It is proposed to start another postgraduate course - M. Tech. in Communication Engineering - in the academic year 2013-14 with an intake of 24 students. The state-of-the-art laboratories and audio visual facilities complement the high standards set by the university syllabus and nurture the inclination of the students towards research and development, besides giving them the necessary and sufficient backing of practical knowledge that they need. The department has highly qualified and experienced faculty members. Students are encouraged to share their ideas and learning with fraternity of engineering students in the state through participation in seminars and workshops. Department conducts national and international Seminars and Symposiums every year. It gives an opportunity for our students to interact with other University students and share their views and technical knowledge.
- The Department is accredited by the National Board of Accreditation (All India Council for Technical Education), New Delhi.
- State-of-the-art laboratories and infrastructure facilities to carryout consultancy works as well as research works.
- The Department Association (EXPLORA) is very active and organizes periodical seminars and invited talks by experts from industry and academy.
- The Department supports a full complement of Computer Systems and Software applications with high speed wireless internet access.
- The students are effectively guided by a group of well qualified and devoted staff members. The infrastructure facilities and the team work of the staff members culminate delivery of the curriculum.
- Conducts National and International seminars to update the developments in the field and improve the paper publication capability of the students.
- The Department offers training programs in various industries to the students equipping them to acquire certification in some areas by the time they complete the degree program.
- The Department conducts workshops and FDPs for the benefit of faculty and students.
- Department has achieved high success rate in campus placement.
- The Department has strong research capability in the field of Image Processing, Network Security, Embedded System and Communication.
- The Department has institutional membership in professional bodies like ISTE, IEEE and student chapter of WIE to support the student community.
- Conducts social service activities.