CoursesThe department of Electronics and Communication Engineering offers the following Under Graduate and Post Graduate courses:
||No. of Seats||No. of Semesters|
|B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
|M. Tech. in VLSI and Embedded System||18||4|
|M. Tech. in Communication Engineering||24||4|
B. Tech. in Electronics and Communication Engineering
Electronics has become an integral part of our lives; a basic understanding of electronics has become a necessity. Electronics and Communication Engineering (ECE) is an advancing field, with new ideas emerging every second.
- The Department of ECE in Sree Narayana Gurukulam College of Engineering gives considerable weight age to occupational placements and practice-based courses.
- The department aims at enhancing technical and professional competency, moral and ethical values among students.
- The students are not only trained in academic excellence but are also encouraged to acquire industry exposure through in-plant training sessions.
- Department has strong interaction with industries. Frequent industrial visits are organized to train the students in the leading industries like BSNL, ITI Ltd, KELTRON, etc.
M. Tech. in VLSI and Embedded Systems
Department provides excellent education and guidance at postgraduate level. M.Tech. Programme is aimed at providing high quality innovators and engineers with an understanding in the field of VLSI & Embedded System. This course strongly emphasizes on fundamentals as well as analysis, to make students creative and to understand the latest technologies. The future of this branch is filled with boundless innovation and limitless opportunities in India and Abroad. The course is
- To equip students with the ability to utilize tools and techniques to implement VLSI design on silicon and specialize in embedded system applications.
- To develop skills in the field of VLSI and Embedded System Design.
- To give basic knowledge to specialize in IC packaging, electronic design and manufacturing
- To give an exposure to VLSI Design Process, Layout Design, CMOS Logic Design Styles, VHDL & Verilog, FPGA, CPLD, Signal Processing, Architecture and Programming of ARM 7 and ARM 9 Processors.
- To understand solid and fundamental engineering view of digital system operation and how to design systematically well performing digital VLSI systems.
- To train the students for academics as well as research, and analysis oriented careers, by developing competence in the usage of quantitative and qualitative methods in the particular domain.
M. Tech. in Communication Engineering
Another postgraduate course offered by the department is the M. Tech. in Communication Engineering. It is to develop communication engineers to meet the growing demands of quality manpower in the field of Communication Technology. The course enables:
- To impart in-depth knowledge of communication engineering theory and practice sessions by exposing them to various fields like Signal Processing, Advanced Radiation Systems, Optical Network, Digital Network, etc.
- To provide training in the laboratories on the design and implementation of communication subsystems based on DSP, Wireless Communication, Antenna Design and Optical Network.
- To give advanced knowledge in the field communication engineering so that the graduates can serve the industry, R&D centers, and can take up academic careers.