Prof. V M Vijayan,
Head of the Department
The department offers B.Tech and M.Tech courses in Electrical and Electronics Engineering. The B.Tech course in Electrical & Electronics Engineering was started with the inception of the college in 2002, with a normal student intake strength of 60.The students are additionally admitted @ 5% as per the tuition fee waiver scheme introduced by the government of India and @ 10% during the second year as per the lateral entry scheme applicable for the diploma holders The B.Tech.course is of 4 years duration spread over 8 semesters, having university examination at the end of every semester, starting from the end of second semester. The M.Tech course with specialization in Power Electronics was started from the academic year 2012, with a student intake strength of 24. Both the B.Tech and M.Tech courses are approved by AICTE and the degrees are awarded by the Mahatma Gandhi University, which is the affiliating University of the college.
The department is bestowed with a competent and committed team of faculty, possessing a rare blend of industrial and academic experience which are essential prerequisites for proper dissemination and fruition of knowledge and skills in younger minds. The department is equipped with modern class rooms and full-fledged state-of-the-art laboratories, with all the required equipment and software packages applicable to the field. The department regularly organizes faculty development programmes as well as National and International conferences, Seminars and workshops with a view to impart the latest knowledge and skills to the students and the faculty alike, in keeping pace with the developments taking place in the field.
- The department is accredited by the National Board of accreditation of the government of India. The college is also having certification of ISO 9001-2008.
- The department is rated as one among the top 5-10 of the colleges under the M.G University in terms of the B.Tech examination results of the past 3 consecutive years . It is credited with 100% pass in the M.Tech degree , 2014 examination , in Power Electronics
- Two of our students, namely Reshma S and Ashitha P.N. secured third rank and second rank in the M.G.University B.Tech degree examination held in the year 2007 and 2012 respectively.
- The department is credited with consistently good placement records with several passed-out students occupying coveted positions in nationally and internationally reputed companies such as ABB, Siemens, HAL, TCS, HP, INFOSIS, WIPRO etc.
- The department provides consultancy services in the field of power system design, energy conservation, management and auditing etc. It has undertaken the design of the entire power system of the college campus, incorporating unique features like Automatic-mains-failure system with 100% back up captive power plant capacity, automatic unity power factor control system etc.